Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm in Love With a Fairytale...

... even though it hurts! Boy, is that song sticking in my head. It's got something to it which cheers me up whenever I attempt singing it, such as when writing notes. I just smile at it. Ah, well, weird.

Anyway, in what is rapidly becoming as addictive as Facebook, another post comes by your way today. And this time, it's about my poor self. As today, I decided to subject myself to studying what is almost definitely one of the most gruesome and descriptive topics in Criminal Law, that being the topic of rape.

Yes, us second year law students learn about rape. Needless to say, my volumes of notes on the topic are quite graphic, giving us poor souls plenty of ideas about how rape occurs, the different ways of it occurring, and other things. I don't think I really want to go into further detail than that, not because it's not apt (which it most certainly is not), but simply because I don't think it's right to start remembering that that I wrote during the day at around 10 past 11 at night.

These series of days leading up to my (our) final examinations are going to be uneventful to say the least. They mostly consist of waking up in the morning, having breakfast, studying, having lunch, studying, having dinner, possibly some more studying, free time on the computer and sleep. Subject to interspersed breaks during the study periods, as well as a final football game of the season (I managed to get myself fit just in time for the match due to me suffering from the flu last week) tomorrow evening.

This evening that plan was disrupted slightly as, seeing that I study in the kitchen and the living room is adjacent to it, and my mother wanted to see her favourite programme Days of Our Lives at quarter past 6, I had to retire for the day, especially considering that afterwards, I had to start getting ready for a family dinner. Normally, I don't enjoy these that much. You can understand why - I'm the youngest in the entire family and I'm 20. My eldest cousin is 31. HUGE gap. Oh well, in all fairness, time passed by quite quickly today and I actually didn't mind it at all, for a change. I guess it's nice to get together with the whole family sometimes just to be with them, even though my mouth, for once, didn't do much of the talking as I was stuffing it with spare ribs and, subsequently, After Eight ice-cream.

I think that's it for today. I don't really have much more to add on... I don't care if I lose my mind... I'm already cursed...

And yes, I acknowledge that the title of this blog, for once, has nothing to do with its content. :)

God Bless You all!
Matti

3 comments:

Rachel said...

my nearest cousin is nine years older than me. I feel your pain. (ok so there are two younger than me, but they run off with my sister, so that's useless)

LG said...

loved it!
this blog was flowing and unlike any of your others!
yay

Matti said...

@ Mina... Meh, I think otherwise. My 'flowing' style of writing, I feel, is when I can write something argumentative and construct points that will link to one another before forming my own conclusions on the matter at stake.

I suppose I can write in different manners though.

(And why on earth am I using the word 'meh' so much recently??)