Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Think...

Happy New Year, guys!

So, for the first blog of 2010, I decided to share a few thoughts that have been going through my head... and while they're not penned down yet (indeed, this is the first time I'm actually going to be writing them down and seeing them face me), they're going to assume some kind of poetic form. I would hope. Enjoy.

I Think...

I think about those times
Where I am lonely,
No one to turn to,
Nothing to say;

I think about those times
Where all is well,
Those times where I look forward
To every brand new day.

I think about life
Its ups and downs,
Topsy-turvy moments
Many smiles and, indeed, frowns;

I think about it more
How lucky we are,
To be here, living comfortably
No problems, by far.

And yet, despite all this,
You, God, I think about last,
The One I should be most grateful to
For all: future, present and past;

I never mean to do so
But us humans err,
We know you should be at the forefront
But none of us dare
To even say "Thank You"
For all that you've done,
For coming here to save us
By sending your son.

All that I've seen
And all that I will go through,
Pales in comparison
To what's been done by You;

You're there for us always
In good times and bad,
To put us back on track
With Your comforting hand.

So God, while I'm thinking
Forgive me, please do,
For making you secondary
To the things that I do.


God Bless You all!
Matti

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Religion can make you a fool
Even though you’ll think you are cool
So reason it out
And you’ll have little doubt
That abstaining should now be your rule.

Anonymous said...

hey ... If he wants to write about it he can do so :) Writing a poem after passing through an experience doesnt mean the guy wants to be cool .. give him a break ... if he wants to write about religion let it be ... hes not imposing anything on anyone :p

To reach heaven and experience such happiness and joy
First you have to acknowledge him as your savior,
and his teachings you must employ.
The end is fast approaching there's no time to debate,
invite him into your hearts today and, start walking in the faith.

Matti said...

To Anonymous #1, who always hides behind this mask:

No matter how much of an agnostic, atheist or Jesus-hater you may be - take your pick of those three - Jesus still loves you.

Anonymous said...

thanks theresa - you have touched my heart and inspired me to new poetic heights . . .

The Holy Ghost and Mary were hump’n,
Her ass was vigorously pump’n.
The Ghost cut a fart,
Woke Joseph with a start,
And he gave that old spook a thump’n

Claude said...

Matthew has every right to express himself. Those who have nothing constructive to say are better off not posting here at all.

We all have our differences. But what separates the men from the boys is that a man has no problem of facing any problem infront of him. As far as I see it, this anonymous poster has a problem.

So I'd like to invite the person who has something to say to Matthew to face up to him personally if he has the courage to do it. And to refrain bashing Matthew on his web space for the foreseeable future.

Matti said...

Amen Claude. Couldn't have put it better myself.