Tuesday, February 2, 2010

End of Exams... Soon

Finally, in 17 hours from the time that this has been written, exams will, at long last, be over. Until the end of May, but still.

The last week and a half or so has been relatively hectic for more than one reason, the principal one being trying to cram in every single bit of information possible into that relatively stubborn cranium of mine with mixed success. I always hate the period that ensues after exams, that lengthy bit of time that it takes to wait for results accordingly. People are all too often so curious to see how they've fared and whether they got the grades that they really desired and/or deserved after putting in a substantial effort into a particular subject. I believe I fall into that category. Others, of course, are quite nonchalant about this but to each his own, I guess.

So far, third year has been more pressured than last year, but I know all too well that the worst is still to come. As the second semester approaches, so too do 120 cases to remember solely in Contract Law (God help me, I was already struggling - relatively - to remember around 15 for our January test!!), another unspecified amount in Tort Law, more precious time (wasted) with everyone's favourite lecturer in Señor Quintano, and the horrors from hell at the end of May, all probably condensed into one week of sheer wrist-slitting. Something to really look forward to; it really makes me appreciate what former students have passed through, practically sweating blood to make it. At least if we're going to get our LL.B.'s, we sure as hell are going to earn them.

It just makes me want to go back to the January 2009 session of examinations and do Family Law all over again. And I thought that was bad... how wrong I was.

And on a completely unrelated note, I will conclude here with a powerful Bible verse that I came across...

"My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in. (Proverbs 3:11-12)

God Bless You all!
Matti

3 comments:

Mickey said...

Well written mat ;) Good luck tomorrow.

Claude said...

"Others, of course, are quite nonchalant about this but to each his own, I guess." Hmm I wonder who that could be..lol

Matti said...

Ah no Claude, I'm not highlighting anyone in particular, saying it in a very general sense